Micah went on 3 different trains.
Caleb is driving this car.
Carlie got a chance to drive too. (She did rear end Caleb!)
The Mild Thing
Could she be any more excited?
Each year we try to do something fun to mark the end of another successful year of homeschooling. We all deserve it. (Especially me!) This year we decided to tackle Valleyfair. It was a fun day with weather a little on the cool side. That suited us just fine as we didn't need to fight people for a shady spot or constantly stand in line for a cool drink (which turns into standing in line at the bathroom).
Even a fun day turned into a learning day for our family. Here are a few things we learned.
1. Caleb's face turns a pasty shade of white when he goes on a roller coaster.
2. The train in the kid area goes out of the protective view out of the parents.
3. Micah doesn't mind being out of my eyesight, all alone on the train.
4. The rest of the family is not too happy when Micah is out of our eyesight, by himself.
5. The "responsible person" who needs to accompany the smaller kids on rides has to do the same rides over and over again. And that person was me, as I am the only adult who can handle the spinning.
6. The Scrambler is not as much fun the third time.
7. I don't like spinning as much as I used to.
8. People should use the bathroom before going on a roller coaster for the first time. You know who you are.
9. Ellie is fearless and will go on any ride...if she is tall enough.
10. Glory is even more fearless and went on rides that only Ellie would try.
11. Ice cream at Valleyfair costs as much as a meal at McDonald's for the whole family.
12. When you have six kids it is always a smart idea to have extra people along to help. (Thank you, Mom and Dad, for coming with at the last minute.)
13. Don't ever count on tired kids falling asleep on the drive home. (Glory and Micah talked and laughed the whole way.)